Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Four Weeks...

I cannot believe Kaylee is almost a month old already! In some ways it seems to be going so slow, but all I have to do is look at Kaylee to see that it has flown by. Kaylee is becoming more and more alert which is really fun to see. If Kaylee is in an calm but alert state where she just stares at you, we play this really cute game. I read in a book that babies at this age can imitate you sticking out your tongue in their "calm alert state". I decided to give it a try. I started sticking my tongue out at her and waited patiently for her to respond. I felt a little foolish doing this and waiting for her to do it back. I didn't really think anything would happen. To my surprise, she stuck her tongue out at me!! I'm home all day with her by myself, so when Josh came home from work I tried it again. Of course this little stinker wouldn't do it. I'm pretty sure Josh thought I was crazy, but he just said "I'm sure she is just tired". I tried it again the next day when Josh was at work and what do you know, she stuck her tongue out again! Finally this morning at like 630am when Josh was leaving for work, he picked her up to say goodbye to her and I told him to stick his tongue out at her again. He obliged and our little girl stuck her tongue out at her daddy for the first time!! After doing that and watching us laugh, Kaylee just got this big smile on her face.

Monday night Josh, Kaylee and I made a trip to Target (our favorite) to buy Kaylee a taller swing that swings side-to-side or you can change it to swing front-to-back. She really enjoyed her little swing that we have (its a travel swing) so we decided to buy her a full size swing. Her bouncer use to be her favorite spot (other than cuddling with mommy or daddy of course), but now its the new swing.

Kaylee is still sleeping well at night and takes occasional power naps. Her power naps are getting a little longer (especially if she falls asleep while in her new swing), so it is getting easier to make dinner, do laundry, take a shower, etc. I could still get these things done before but it is getting a little easier.

Some other things to mention
  • Kaylee officially has a cute belly button!! Her scab fell off and sponge baths are now a thing of the past.
  • My first time away from Kaylee occurred this week. The first time was for about 25 minutes, but the second time was for about 2 hours!! It was long enough and I was ready to get back to my baby girl.
  • Trips to the store during the day always brings about little old ladies flocking to see her like bee's to honey. I know this happens with all babies, but in one 20 minute trip to Kroger we were stopped by 5 different old ladies wanting to see her.
  • Anywhere Kaylee goes in the house, Zoe is sure to be there.
  • Kaylee loves the mirror in the bathroom.
  • Kaylee likes to be swaddled now.
I had no luck with the video of her smiling. As soon as she sees either camera she stops doing whatever it was she was doing. Its even hard to get pictures of her that do not have her hand in her face or her looking away. I think she is doing it on purpose because I'm such a picture freak.

That's about all for now...enjoy some pictures of our little cutie.



Kaylee on the patio swing...

This is definitely an "enough with the camera" look...

Kaylee in her new swing. Yes the swing has ears :) Its supposed to be a lamb.

This is one of those "too cute not to share" pictures. She fell asleep like this and I couldn't resist taking the picture. Her and that pacifier...

After a tub bath... She's ready for her lotion, PJ's and her bottle.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so much like Josh :) What's with that?? It seems like baby girls always look a lot like their daddies!! That swing is cute! That's the kind I wanted for Ava...BUT Ava didn't like her swing so I'm glad we didn't waste our money on it ;) I love the pacifier pic! Sounds like you are having lots of fun with her!!

    ReplyDelete

About Us