Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two months and one week old...

Boy do I have a lot to talk about. I cannot believe Kaylee is two months old. She is so fun to watch and play with. I cannot believe how much she is changing, and all of a sudden. Her hair is getting darker and filling in. She is filling out and getting bigger. At her doctors appointment she weighed 10lbs 14 ounces!!! Every moment with her is exciting, even if she is just taking a nap in my arms. She got her first set of immunizations on Monday. She let out one really, really big wail and held her breath, then mommy scooped her up and she did a few "gotta catch my breath" type sobs. Almost immediately after I picked her up, she calmed down. Mommy rescued her, so she was happy (or at least as happy as she could be at that moment:). All in all, she did really well and I was very thankful for that.

We decided we were going to pierce her ears after she had her shots, so we waited about 5 days and then took her to the mall for the first time and had her ears pierced. She did really well with that too. I had to hold her while they pierced her ears because Daddy was afraid he wouldn't hold her tight enough :) Sooo, Josh had the all important job of standing right next to her talking calmly to her. He stood by with her bottle for after we were done. As soon as she had her ears pierced, I held her and talked to her and then Daddy gave her a bottle and all was better. I have to say, she is so darn precious with those ears pierced.

Josh got to spend some time with Kaylee all by himself today for about 9 hours while I was in clinical. They had a fantastic time (no doubt sports center was part of the day lol). I did pretty good as well. That was my first time leaving her for that long of a period of time. Josh sent me picture mail and I called a few times :) This is soon to be an everyday thing because my time at home with Kaylee is winding to an end (very quickly). Time with her flies by so quick when I'm at home, I'm almost afraid to see how fast it goes with me going back to work... However, if I want to continue to buy this little one all the cute stuff I see for her, I'm pretty sure I need to go back to work. What can I say...Its an ADDICTION!!!

Some things to mention...

  • She is just starting to grow out of newborn clothes and can wear 0-3 month clothes and some 3 month clothes!!!
  • She is into the next size diaper.
  • She is starting to bat at toys with her hands.
  • She is getting better at taking longer naps during the day instead of power naps.
  • She still sleeps through the night (yay).
  • She loves all mirrors
  • She has figured out that when she kicks her feet in the bouncer, the bouncer bounces... It sounds funny, but she always like the bouncer because it has that soothing vibration. Now she finds it fun too...
  • She thinks its funny when Josh rubs her head... It makes her laugh.
  • She is starting to get the hang of laughing and it is sooo adorable.
  • She still hasn't found her thumb, but she is very content with her whole fist in her mouth.

Although I could go on and on (and on, and on, and on) about every little detail of this amazing little girl, I will not subject anyone to me talking (or typing) for that long. ~~~ your welcome lol.

Okay, on to the pictures...

I just love how big she is getting.

Kaylee at one day old...

Kaylee at one month old...
Kaylee at two months old... she is getting so big :)


Starting to bat and grab at her toys...

Getting stronger...

I cannot get over how adorable she is... she is the cutest!!!

Last picture before her earrings...

Check out those ears, I love 'em!!!

On to the smiles....



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh!!! Wendy she is so cute!! I love her ears!! We haven't mustered up the courage to do that with Ava yet, but it's really cute on Kaylee!! So, we miss you here ... when are you coming back? :~)

    ReplyDelete

About Us