Wow, its amazing how life really flies by. That old saying about "time flies when your having fun" is so true. Kaylee is such a blast and I cannot believe she will be 5 months old a week from today. This little one has done some amazing things this month (info coming in her 5 month post). I just put Kaylee to bed for the evening, and I cannot tell you how special that time is. First, Kaylee gets her bath and she plays and kicks in the tub for a little while. This is so funny because she loves to kick and splash and suck on her arm and fingers when they are covered with water. Tonight I put the water in the tub and let her float in my arms on her back like you would in a swimming pool. She loved it. She lightly flapped her arms like she was floating. I think she will definitely love to swim. After her bath, she gets dried off and then we put lotion on her. She gets her PJ's on and gets her earrings cleaned and her hair brushed (since she finally has some). The best part of her bedtime routine is cuddling up in the rocker while she has her bottle. She is getting to the point she can hold her bottle herself and in the beginning she likes to hold it. As she gets more sleepy I have to help. When she lets go of her bottle, she reaches up to make sure you are still there. Her hands come to rest on either side of my face and they stay there while she eats and gets sleepy. When her bottle is done she snuggles her face into my shoulder takes a big sigh and starts falling asleep. This is such a precious time and I do not look forward to the day that she doesn't want to cuddle anymore :( I could cuddle like that forever.
Just wanted to share a glimpse of how even ordinary, everyday things can be amazing. It is exciting to see how things change and evolve with her and how incredibly awesome it is to watch this little one learn something new.
Next week I will post a 5 months post. She is great. So many changes have occurred and I cannot wait to tell all about it....
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- Wendy and Josh
- Welcome to our lives!!
No comments:
Post a Comment