6 months already, can you believe it? Kaylee is sooo AMAZING. She is so loving, cuddly, curious, funny, independent, and so many more things. Josh and I are very blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. So much has happened in the last month, I don't know where to begin.
As everyone knows now, Kaylee has cut her first tooth. To my surprise, a second one popped up right next to it yesterday. Our 6 month old has two teeth already…I just can’t believe it. Now and then I will wash my hands real well and go “tooth” hunting. You just never know anymore when one will pop up. The bad thing about feeling around for new teeth is that Kaylee LOVES to practice with her existing teeth lol. She loves to nibble down on your finger when you’re trying to feel for new teeth. Those little things are sharp! But you can’t blame her since she does it to her own fingers too now and then…what can I say, I guess teething bites lol.
Kaylee has moved on to vegetables in the last couple of weeks. So far we have tried sweet potatoes and peas. With the sweet potatoes, Kaylee wasn’t very fond of them for the first two days (and do I have a good picture of this). She made the most pitiful face and started gagging. After that, she loved them. When we switched to peas, after a couple bites full of funny faces, she ended up loving the peas too.
Kaylee is doing really well with sitting up. Sometimes she gets too excited and starts to do this little jump (while she is seated), and starts to fall over. She still rolls all over the place, so we have made the loft Kaylee’s play area. Kaylee loves to play in her activity jumper and loves to stand while holding on to you.
Josh has taught Kaylee how to give high fives. This is so cute, and she normally only does it for him (little stinker). Kaylee has a really good tickle spot right beneath her ribs. I will have to get a video of Josh tickling her and post it. It is too funny. She is laughing so hard sometimes we have to stop.
We are getting really excited about the holidays coming up. We can’t wait to spend time with our families. I’m having to restrain myself from putting the Christmas tree up way too early. I just cannot wait to see Kaylee’s face when she see's the lights and ornaments on the tree.
Kaylee officially has her first set of drums. She loves to beat on them and listen to them play music and light up. I have to say her favorite toy at home is her activity jumper and her favorite toy on the go is a simple butterfly toy that she loves to bite on because of her teeth. We cannot go anywhere without it for long periods of time.
That’s about all I have for right now. Josh, Kaylee and I are having our pictures taken this weekend so I cannot wait to see how they turn out. Kaylee’s doctor’s appointment isn’t for a couple of weeks (boooo), so I do not know how much she weighs or anything. This flu season and the upcoming holidays make it hard to make a doctors appointment.
Enjoy the pictures below. (p.s. for those that tried to view this and couldn't, I hope editing it has fixed it) :)
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- Wendy and Josh
- Welcome to our lives!!
What a peanut. :) I love the gagging face...poor girl!! HAha!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I just laughed out loud over the sweet potatoe pictures. Perfect timing makes for priceless pics! Glad I can finally see your blog again, I was having Kaylee withdrawal!
ReplyDelete