Thursday, June 18, 2009

5 weeks 1 day... :)

Well Kaylee is one month old as of last Saturday :) It is so fun to watch the changes that occur in her on a day to day basis. Yesterday, I got my first smile from her by just speaking to her. Normally you have to work for a smile, but yesterday I was changing her clothes so we could go meet Josh for lunch and when I said "okay princess, lets go meet daddy..." I got the biggest, all gums, smile from her. She has been really smiley lately and boy do I have the pictures to prove it! I'm still not getting very good video of her, but hopefully soon.

Kaylee has a blocked tear duct and it is probably driving me more insane than it is her. It gets all that goop in it and glues shut within a matter of minutes. Thankfully I live next door to an eye surgeon that has been very helpful. We have to put pressure on the duct and I cannot believe how much crap comes out of it. The good news is, just yesterday I started to see a big improvement. I hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • This will probably jinx me, but since we started a solid bedtime routine with her, we have been getting around 6-7 hours of sleep at night (sometimes more).
  • Kaylee absolutely loves bath time, she hates the drying off part :)
  • She loves her toy on her carrier.
  • She is just recently fascinated with her mobile on her crib.
  • She is doing really well with holding her head up for a few seconds.
  • Still take power naps, but I can't complain when I get a good nights rest :)
  • She is getting close to out growing some of her newborn clothes. Other newborn outfits are still swimming on her. She is definitely a long and skinny baby.
  • We still take walks around the block when the weather will let us.
  • She LOVES to smile..
  • She weighed 8 lbs 7.5 oz at the doctors today


We left Kaylee on Friday night with her Aunt Rah Rah and Josh and I went out for our anniversary. We saw a funny movie and had a great dinner. It was our first evening away from Kaylee together. It was very nice to go to a nice restaurant and just spend a little alone time together.

Kaylee went to the pediatrician today because she is having some stomach issues. She has been very fussy for a little over a week now. It happens during her feedings and after for up to an hour and a half. She also has projectile vomiting then continues to spit up and she screams and cries when she is sat up after feedings and especially if she has to burp. After all of that is out of her system she is the happiest baby. I called the pediatrician this morning because I thought she was not tolerating her formula. They wanted to see her right away. The doctor thinks she has severe reflux and prescribed her Zantac. They also scheduled an upper GI to rule out pyloric stenosis. If Kaylee has this, she might need surgery. She goes to Children's tomorrow for the test.
That's about all the update I have for now, but enjoy some very smiley pictures...
I love how stretched out she is here (please let her be tall, please let her be tall)

This is her one month picture (one of many)
I love how she props her head on her arms...



These are my flowers from my anniversary, they smell wonderful!


Now for the smiley pictures...




In the last picture, she is smiling at her mobile on her crib...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Her pictures really put a smile on my face. I'm sure the all will settle down with the adjustments the doctor is doing and the upper GI will certainly let us know what is/is not happening. She is a pleasure and she has a couple of very special parents. You two are a joy to watch as a couple and as new parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Long and lean is what I predict!
    I think Liz's kid has a blocked tear duct....maybe you can get some pointers from her too.
    Glad she's smiling....I'm sure it makes her much more fun!
    Oh and by the way....cute baby!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, those pics of her smiling are HILARIOUS! I enjoyed them! :) Yes, Ava has (that's right, STILL has) a clogged tear duct. My gosh, we've done everything to get that thing to open--and still no results. Her pediatrician said to wait it out a little longer b/c he thinks it's beginning to open on its own...and we'd all like to avoid anesthesia as much as possible. It's a simple procedure to have it opened, but they can't go probing something in her eye without knocking her out a little first, which I'm NOT a fan of at all. It really doesn't bother her, but it bothers me so I know what you mean about that! I hope Kaylee's belly issues get resolved! My cousin's baby had reflux issues and they had to do Zantac as well and his was bad enough that they had to add cereal to his formula to make it thicker and more likely to stay down. Hope everything comes out okay with your little munchkin!

    ReplyDelete

About Us