Thursday, October 15, 2009

5 months old :-)

Just when you think life cannot get any better with Kaylee, amazingly it does. Everyday holds something new and exciting with her. This last month has held many adventures. Brace yourself for a long post :)

First and foremost, Kaylee is mobile. She can roll all over the place. One day she hated being put on her stomach to strengthen her neck, then the next day I put her down and she rolled across the living room floor. It literally happened that quick. After that, we rearranged the loft and it is now Kaylee's space. It has her toys, jumper, another glider to rock in, etc. Its a nice place to be able to spend time together. We still have to finish baby proofing the house, looks like we are going to have to get a jump on that.

Kaylee can sit independently for a short while. She then topples over and heads for her feet or the closest toy. This also seemed to happen overnight. She is definitely getting so strong. Kaylee is holding her own bottles. She still lets us do it now and then, but she loves to do it herself. I have a feeling this one will be little Miss independent :)

We bought her an activity jumper. This is hilarious to watch her play in. Every time she moves, it makes funny noises and she laughs and laughs (especially if we repeat the noise). She is still about leaning forward and trying to put the stationary toys of the activity center into her mouth. She tries so hard to do it and she can only reach the one toy...

Kaylee is still very vocal, but occasionally she will move her mouth like she is having an entire conversation and no sound will come out (not even a peep). This is soooo funny to watch because this girl knows how to be vocal, but here she looks like a silent movie. I'm also pretty sure this is related to her teething, but still fun to see...

We are still debating on what costume we want to get her for Halloween. We did buy her a shirt of course that says "my first Halloween". I cannot wait for all of the holidays to come up. This year is going to be so much fun.

Little tid bits of info...
  • Kaylee is almost growing out of size two diapers (size 3 is just a little big still)
  • Kaylee is in 6 month clothes
  • She loves her rice cereal and loves to play in it
  • She loves rolling around
  • She loves her changing table (not quite sure why, but she laughs the entire time she is on it.)
  • Kaylee loves her highchair (its a new vantage point to explore the world)
  • She still eats 6 oz bottles although she will eat 8 oz occasionally
  • She is still teething.
It has been a very exciting month. Almost too much to remember. I am going into finals next week and starting next semester I only take one class at a time (yay!). Just down to nursing classes now!!! Hopefully this gives me a little more time to sneak extra posts in and give mid-month updates... Basically, I'm afraid to blink with this girl...something exciting is bound to happen and then I would miss it lol.

Just because I love this picture...
Kaylee and her Daddy...

I love these giggle faces...



This one is her trying to figure out how to put that toy in her mouth...eventually she figures it out and this will be the only toy she plays with on this because she can put it in her mouth...


Rolling over...Yay (no more being stuck on her side lol)


Believe it or not, she is fascinated by the TV... I believe we are watching Mickey's clubhouse.


I cannot resist posting pictures of her smiley faces...


Gave up on the toy going in her mouth...she settled for her fingers. That's always a reliable option...

Miss INDEPENDENT... She is holding her bottles most of the time now...

3 comments:

  1. Her little smiles crack me up! She looks quite happy with life as she knows it ;) I can't believe she's holding her own bottle! Dang, it took Ava til she was 9 mos old to start doing that--now I kinda wish she would go back to letting me hold it and snuggle her in my arms while she eats. Oh, they're only little for such a short time. :) Wait til Kaylee starts to get a temper--that's where we are over here right now...Ava's showing us her Miss-Let-Me-Do-What-I-Want side...it's such a pretty side of her--NOT!! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW--that first pic of her & Josh is super adorable!!! Like, you better get that framed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'm so glad you are enjoying her. You've taken to motherhood like a pro! Now you need to work on some videos for your blog (I know, I know....I'm never satisfied, am I). And the obligatory.....Cute Baby!!

    ReplyDelete

About Us