Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011 and More

It’s been a while since I got some pictures on here, so I figured it’s about time to do that :)

Easter was a blast. We colored eggs, baked and iced cookies, gave presents, ate good food, went to church and enjoyed our time together. I got tons of pictures of baking/icing cookies and coloring eggs and forgot to get a picture of Kaylee in her Easter dress….figures. Kaylee really enjoyed coloring Easter eggs with us. She drew on them (and sometimes told us what to draw on them) and picked to color she wanted it…daddy did the coloring. After they were dry, Kaylee helped sticker them up just to take the stickers off and put them all over herself. It was really funny. Later that day we made cutout cookies and iced and sprinkled them. She was a hoot. I kept trying to help her and she would push my hand away and say “mama stop” or say “no, no, no, no”. Miss independent wants to do everything herself. She did much better than I thought she would.

Other than Easter, Kaylee is growing and growing. Kaylee can spell her first and middle name. Sometimes when she goes down for a nap, before she falls asleep, you can hear her in there spelling her name…it’s so funny. She is working on her ABC’s and loves saying “L,M,N,O,P” although it comes out much sweeter and I can’t even give you an example. She can also count to 13 now. Her sign language is still coming along. She knows mom, dad, thank you, Jesus, snow, book, bible, love you, and more. It just amazes me how smart she is. Kids really are little sponges.

She has also become very concerned about everything…she always asks, mama okay? Dada okay? It doesn’t matter what you do. You could set a book down on a table and she would ask you if you’re okay? I stubbed my toe the other day and she said….mama, its “aawight”and patted me on the head.

We have been taking Kaylee to the park when it’s warm enough outside. One time we went, Kaylee got to experience how to skip (or more like throw) rocks into the creek at the park. She had a blast and every time we pass any park, it’s “Mama park! Mama park!”

Kaylee loves pockets. She loves her spring jacket and before we go out the door to get in the car, she hands us whatever toy she has in her hands to take with her and shoves her hands in her pockets…simple things :)

We got Kaylee a fish about a month ago. It’s just a little beta fish that has a little bowl. Nothing spectacular, but she loves him. He is blue, so I’ll let you guess what she named him….yep, you guessed it….BLUE. Actually she calls him “blue fish”. That’s usually how she names her things. She has three babies; baby green, baby pink and baby purple. This is just because of the clothes they are wearing…so funny.

What else…potty training is still in progress. She recently got big girl panties to try. She does really well and is continuing to do so. I think it will happen all of a sudden when she wants to get rid of the diapers. That’s how everything else she does is, why not potty training right?

While I could go on and on…I’m hoping since I’m done with school, I’ll have some more time to update. She will turn two in two weeks and she’ll have her well check up as well. I will have more to post soon :)

Enjoy the pictures…it’s been a while so there is a lot!


Skipping rocks with Daddy


Learning to skip rocks...

This was Daddy's lunch break. We had to stop skipping rocks because Daddy had to get back to work. Had to get a picture of Daddy and Kaylee, even though she was mad we were leaving :)


Picture time with Mommy. Recovering a little from the news that we were leaving the park.

Mommy's Graduation...



Love this girl!




Family picture...of course I wouldn't be looking forward :)


Daddy making us laugh doing Kaylee's hair.



Kaylee had helped me make a cake earlier...guess she was pooped and needed a place to rest her head...poor Zoe Zo


This was the cake...she is so much fun to do this stuff with.


Chocolate all over her face...gotta love it!



We went to Build-a-Bear...what a blast...she put a little heart in her bear, gave him like 4 baths, and picked out a stroller for him...too fun.


To bad that's the only time poor bear will ever ride in the stroller bought for him...She loves her baby dolls.


Couldn't resist posting this picture.


"BLUE FISH"


Silly child



Getting ready for Easter eggs!


Stickers everywhere!


Wonderful Easter eggs.


COOKIE TIME!

"CHEEEEEESSSSSE!"




Looks like the poor cookie cutter is getting CPR by a toddler...She did amazing though.







One of my favorite pictures...she does have icing on her nose and chin, lol.




Easter basket and presents.


First look at Daddy after seeing her Easter stuff...priceless!


She was so excited about her bubble lawn mower, she was going so fast she almost fell!


She has a new friend...Meet "ship"...that's how Kaylee says sheep.




Princess stuff...She loves dress up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us